Stoneham Real Estate Stoneham real estate is in a quiet, suburban setting in Middlesex County just 40 minutes from downtown Boston.
Stoneham center offers a mix of traditional shops, diverse restaurants, and larger shopping complexes to provide a convenience for its residents.
Stoneham has a larger commercial base that requires a car to access. It is near Route 93 making it a popular choice for commuters from both Boston and the north shore.
A PLACE TO LEARN
Stoneham is home to six public schools and three private schools. The public schools offer convenient before and after school programs, and have a free or reduced price meal plan for children who are eligible.
Stoneham Schools Mission Statement Anticipating the challenges and opportunities of a 21st century world, the Stoneham Public Schools develop students who:
- Are creative, critical and independent thinkers
- Demonstrate respect and acceptance of self and others
- Know and apply communication and information literacy skills
- Are responsible contributors to the local community
Core Values All members of the school community:
- Support a safe, inclusive educational environment
- Foster and hold high expectations for student learning
- Share responsibility for the success of our students
A PLACE TO GROW
When it comes to Stoneham, single-family homes and condominiums dominate. Because of its affordability, it makes it the ideal location for a starter home.
A PLACE TO CONNECT
When you’re in Stoneham, be sure to check out Stone Zoo, a smaller version of its partner zoo, the Franklin Zoo. Founded in 1905 Stone Zoo houses a variety of animals, reptiles, and insects.
A PLACE TO EXPLORE
Spy Pond is part of the Middlesex Reservation state park and offers self-guided trails and walking paths. Flynn Rink is a huge indoor skating rink, hosting multiple sports teams and offering open skating times.